OSHA enforces electrical workplace safety standards outlined in NFPA 70E: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®. Basic compliance to the requirements of NFPA 70E is established by:
- Developing and auditing an Electrical Safe Work Practices (ESWP) policy.
- Conducting an arc flash assessment and properly labeling the equipment.
- Ensuring adequate supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Providing regular safety training and employee assessments.
- Maintaining all electrical distribution system components.
Companies can take additional steps to reduce the potential for an arc flash. The white paper, “Arc Flash Mitigation” focuses on engineering controls to reduce risks.
Complete the form to for FREE download.